CALLING ALL ACTORS, PAID OPPORTUNITY’s
What: Circle Theatre and Institute for Holocaust Education call for ACTORS
THIS IS A PAID OPPORTUNITY, and we are specifically looking for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) performers, as well as performers with disabilities. The creative team will practice identity-conscious casting in this production.
Context: Circle Theatre will create a multi-layered production that reflects the diversity of our community.
Compensation: $2,100/ artist
The Play: When We Go Away by J.R. Dawson. When We Go Away tells the stories of Nebraska Holocaust Survivors. The play asks the question: Who will tell the stories of these survivors when they are no longer here to tell them?
When: June 14th and 16th 6:00P.M. by appointment only
To make an appointment please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where: Jewish Community Center Theater, 333 South 132 Street Omaha NE 68132
What will happen at the audition? Auditions will consist of a series of cold readings, improvisations, and a short conversation regarding the content of the play. Actors who play musical instruments will be asked to bring their instrument and a musical piece to play.
Those cast must be available for:
1. Short daytime performances the weeks of November 7 and 14th.
2. Performance on Sunday, November 14th at the JCC of Omaha.
3. Rehearsals during the weeks of Oct. 24- Nov. 6 (a combination of daytime and evening rehearsals based on actor availability) with Omaha Tech week
4. Performances the week of Nov 7-12.
5. One-day trips to Sioux City and Lincoln Nebraska for daytime performances the week of November 15-20.
Current Covid-19 guidelines will be followed during auditions, rehearsals, and performances: actors’ safety and comfort comes first.
For specific accessibility needs please email Executive Artistic Director Fran Sillau at email@example.com